Less than half the time of a traditional adaptation build and less disruption to the occupants of the house.
We work with homeowners and social-registered landlords to deliver modular disabled adaption pod solutions.
TM’s Disabled Adaptation pods consist of either a bedroom, bedroom with ensuite wet room or just a wet room extension. We design in all fixings for hoists, and electrical points needed for specialist medical equipment etc. All of our units are 97% factory finished including all the sanitary ware, tiling and decoration so once installed on site the residents could use the new room the next day with no hassle and disruption. Our exteriors claddings all a variety of different finishes to match the existing buildings exterior to give a seamless finish from old to new.
TM’s ‘Disabled Adaptation Pods’ provide a cost & time effective solution which can be relocated to another home easily, thereby offering landlords a substantial long-term savings. It also means a minimal disruption to the home as it takes less than a day for our solutions to be craned into position. Meaning the tenants can have an improved quality of life at the quicker and without the stress and mess of living within a building site.
- Typically a 12 week process; from site visit to completion.
- Work on site typically less than 4 days.
- We don’t require access to the home during the initial site works before installation.
- Pod craned into position and installed ready for occupation in less than 1 day with typical time on site from start to handover and occupation is 3 to 5 days
Advantages for Housing Associations and Local Authorities:
If you’re in need of am adaption extension, modular adaption pods have several advantages over traditional building methods:
- Only 1 site visit to generate the specification
- All drawings provided for DFG grant application
- No separate architect and contractors
- Planning and Building Control liaison as part of the project
- One point of contact and faster, expert service
- Full turnkey service from appraisal through to handover
- Modules can be easily relocated between properties
Home adaption to suit your needs
TM has standard pods to choose from; However, our in-house design team can design an adaptation to suit your needs, and we’ll work with you at the design stage to customise your pod. Your pod is designed and built specifically for you and your property. It will have a fully-complaint DDA wet room, bathroom or bedroom as well as any other facilities you require. We’ll match the exterior so it’s in keeping with the rest of your house.
Grants for home adaption
The government’s Disabled Facilities Grant can give you up to £30,000 for disability home adaptions. Landlords with a tenant who is disabled can also apply.
The TM Disabled Adaptation Units are designed to meet many of the requirements within the DFG procurement process, whilst maintaining the high quality of materials and finished as well as the flexible of the Totally Modular solutions.